UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS
NOTICE OF PROPOSED CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT
A Federal Court has authorized the Notice.
- The notice informs you of a proposed settlement (the "Settlement") of a class action lawsuit (the "Lawsuit") against The American Coal Company ("TACC") and Murray Energy Corporation ("Murray") ("TACC" and "Murray" are the Defendants).
- If the Settlement is approved by the Court, and you do nothing, you will automatically be sent a cash payment as a result of the Settlement. You are not required to pay any money to participate in the Settlement.
- The notice explains your rights relating to the Settlement. Please read it carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:
||Receive a cash payment if the Settlement is approved by the Court. You will remain in the Class, will be a Settlement Class Member, and will be subject to the Settlement Agreement.
||Opt-out and get no payment. If you exclude yourself, you will not be subject to the Settlement Agreement. IF YOU EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE CLASS, YOU MAY BE PREVENTED FROM OBTAINING ANY PAYMENTS THAT MAY BE DUE TO YOU AS A RESULT OF THE LAWSUIT.
||Write to the Court about why you don’t like the Settlement. You will remain a part of the Class and will be entitled to payment if the Settlement Agreement is approved by the Court. If you object, you may be able to appear in Court about your objection.
- These rights, and the deadlines to exercise them, are explained in the Notice.
- The Court still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the settlement and after appeals (if there are any) are resolved.